Friday, January 8, 2010

A Special Gift

For the longest time I have been wanting a picture of Christ with a little baby boy. There are many out there. Every time I went to Deseret or Seagull I would look at them and hope someday I would have one in my house. I had been hinting for the longest time that I wanted one. But just hadn't gotten one yet.
So a few days before Christmas, one of my dearest friends Laura stopped by to drop off a few gifts for our family. Her and her husband came in holding a huge present all wrapped up. It was for me. So sweet. They wanted me to open it right then so they could see my reaction. The minute I opened it I started to cry. I couldn't believe it. She mentioned that a long time ago I was talking about how and what to put on my Chocolate brown walls in my bedroom. We have a log bed and so the combination of the two had me stumped on how to decorate my walls. So she had her hubby make the frame for our room. But she didn't want to just give it to me empty and she knew how much I wanted a picture with Christ and a little boy or baby and when she say this though it was perfect and it is. I was just so overcome with emotion. I couldn't wait to show Trent. He loves it and it seriously makes us both sooo happy. Truly the most perfect, thoughtful gift. I told them that I loved the picture so much I didn't want to hide it in my room, since no one goes back there. So I am going to get a new frame to match my living room and then put a different picture in the frame for my bedroom. It looks amazing in there by the way.


A sweet and special reminder of where Harrison is and where we want to be someday.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is beautiful. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to know where you got this. Lost our little boy, Kale june 21, 2011 after a long delivery and severe brain damage from oxygen deprivation after 5 hours of active pushing. He lived 45 sweet days with us, and we are always on the lookout for a baby boy angel, or something with god, birds and a baby boy.

      Doriekirk@yahoo.com

      Delete